Africa is an exotic and colorful continent with an abundance of wildlife and incredible geographic wonders. The vast regions encompass varied climates ranging from arid desert to rainforest and savanna. Africa's development has been strongly influenced through the centuries by extensive European colonization across the continent. Of course these old colonial rulers are now essentially gone and with independence we have seen a re-emergence of many unique national aspirations and tribal cultures. Today, Africa's 54 sovereign countries are striving for economic growth and a new, more significant role in the world.
Why would Travelers Like To Go To Africa?
Simply because it is unlike any place that you have traveled to or experienced. A trip to Africa can be as rigorous or as tame as you would like. The sheer enormity of possibilities makes a trip to Africa "a trip of a lifetime."
Wildlife tourism is one option for those travelers who appreciate animals in their natural habitat. Herds of elephants, zebras, water buffalo and springbok migrate without knowledge or respect of country borders. Safaris are very popular for hunting big game with a camera versus a rifle.
Travelers can cross the Sahara Desert with a caravan of Touaregs, or sail down the Nile on a pirogue. Celestial Voyagers has the itinerary that will suit your desires and dreams of travel in Africa.
The Grandeur of Africa
The following statistics provide a small sample of the amazing sites and geographic wonders that await you in Africa:
- The Nile River is the world's longest river, running from Burundi to Egypt.
- The Congo River is the second deepest river with holes over 750 feet deep.
- In Tanzania, Mt. Kilimanjaro stands at 19,340 feet from the base to the top of the mountain and attracts more than 30,000 climbers each year.
- Lake Assai represents the 2nd lowest spot on the planet. It is also one of the hottest areas in the world.
- Victoria Falls is on the border of Zambia and Zimbabwe and is approximately twice the height of Niagara Falls. It is rivaled only by Iguazu Falls bordered by Argentina and Brazil. It is considered the number one white water rafting paradise.
Celestial Voyagers can take you wherever you wish to go in Africa. Some of our customized programs are made in collaboration with university professors. Students have the opportunity to study business, art, or find their roots with their African American ancestors. Our local partners will take good care of you.