Culinary Voyage in Gascony, France
Friday, June 22nd, 2018
Led by Ariane Daguin, founder CEO of D’Artagnan Foods,
Passionate Gascon native
& VeronicTravel, Voyage Designer,
Celestial Voyagers Associate
Savor the gastronomic and oenological delights of Gascony on this food-and-wine focus journey. You spend time on the important stuff: having fun, relaxing and enjoying vacation, while discovering a culture and thousand year traditions through the eyes of the most passionate Gascon native. Tour includes cultural discovery, gourmet food experiences, hands on culinary classes, private artisan visits, winery tours, VIP wine and Armagnac tastings, visits to specialty workshops and historic villages…
The New York Times – March 2017
- “Gascony is not merely distinct from Provence and the Côte d’Azur. It is, in my estimation, better”
- “Also — interesting fact — the humans who do live there live a long time”
- “Gascon cooking…. is a cuisine best eased into…”
- “Gascony is fundamentally a rural place, and to imbibe its true essence you have to leave the towns behind and venture deep into the countryside…… Such excursions are in my opinion the best possible way to work up your appetite.”
Unique culinary voyage to Ariane’s authentic region of Southwest France – Armagnac, Gascon Wines & Foie Gras.
Brochure & Documents
Day 1 - Morning arrival and welcome in Toulouse “the Pink city”
Lunch in Toulouse, the Pink City. Tour of the only Organic Pop Corn factory.
Arrival in Auch, welcome party at the City Hall, in the room of the Illustrious.
Dinner and stay at the Hotel de France.
Day 2 - Duck, geese and foie gras farm. Hands on feeding
Duck, geese and foie gras farm. Hands-on feeding.
Chateau Montluc. Visit of the castle, the Roman foundations, the wine cellars. Cocktail “Pousse Rapiere ” tasting.
Lunch in Castera Verduzan, the village in France where people live the longest. Private tour of the Thermes (spa). Share a glass of the ‘magic’ water.
Chateau De Lavardens, the medieval village, castle, and museum.
Dinner at the farm.
Day 3 - The farmers market of Samatan
We each choose our own duck with foie gras. Back to the center of gastronomy research, CRITT, to butcher our duck and prepare pate, confit, duck breast & foie gras.
Late lunch in Auch. Donkey farm, milk the animals. Dinner al fresco in Auch.
Day 4 - Barran, Montesquiou, Termes d'Armagnac
Roman road strolling through the historical villages of Barran, Montesquiou, Termes d’Armagnac. Visit of the towers.
Lupiac, birthplace of D’Artagnan, and museum. Montus Madiran wine cellar tour and lunch. Pierre Matayron agroforesterie ranch, heritage cattle, and pigs.
Marciac, Wynton Marsalis jazz school. Dinner at Denis Meliet after a ham tasting.
Day 5 - The "Armagnac" Day
Abbaye de Flaran, Condom, Larressingle. Stop at the Gallo Roman Villa of Seviac.
Lunch in Eauze Capital of Armagnac, Armagnacs Tasting, visit of the Armagnac museum.
Dinner at Tariquet in the cellar & music by a local band. Induction in the command of the “Maitres aqueux”.
Day 6 - Bull-fighting horses, Farm Tour & Riding Demo
Lunch on the ranch.
Auch city tour in the old center and Basilica Ste Marie.
Gala dinner at the Hotel de France and last toast.
Day 7 - Return
Departure from Toulouse.
- Hotel, breakfast, transfers, meals & tours mentioned in the itinerary
- The international & domestic flights or trains & personal expenses
- $3,750 per person in double room
- $3,950 in single room
The price is calculated on Feb 15, 2018, based on today’s currency exchange. The price may change until the confirmation & payment.
- Reservation & Deposit $1,950/pp due date on Thursday, March 20, 2018
- Balance $1,800/pp double room due date on Wednesday, April 18, 2018
- Balance $2,000/pp single room due date on Wednesday, April 18, 2018
All changes and cancellations must be provided in writing. The following penalties apply with the number of days prior to departure:
- $750 penalty for cancellation after April 5, 2018
- 50% of the total trip cost is non-refundable for cancellation between April 19 & 25, 2018
- 100% of the total trip cost is non-refundable for cancellation after April 25, 2018, or in case of no-show.
We highly recommended that you purchase a trip insurance to cover these penalties in case of cancellation & to be covered for medical reason.
The participant is still responsible to pay the amounts indicated but would then be reimbursed by the insurance company. Please note that for most policies, the reason for cancellation must be on the list of “covered reasons” for 100% reimbursement. We can propose, quote and confirm the insurance upon your request.
All participants must have a valid passport up to 6 months after the return date.
Please verify your passport’s expiration date.