11: 30 AM Departure with a private coach to go from Brandywine Campus to JFK
Check-in time with American Airlines should be around 2:45 PM from terminal 8
Flight AA#66 departs at 5:40 PM.
Sunday, December 29th, 2019
7:10 AM Arrival Barcelona. Assistance and transfer to your hotel.
Check-in for 6 nights at Hotel Ciutat Vella. A comfortable 3 star hotel fantastically located in the heart of the city near the Ramblas and Plaza de Catalunya.
Leave your luggage in storage. As you wait for check-in time, enjoy a guided sightseeing tour of the most famous Barcelona landmarks, including the Olympic Village, a panoramic view from MontJuic and a walk through the Gothic quarter. Your guide will explain how to use public transportation, exchange money and find good places to eat.
Monday, December 30th, 2019
Half day guided city tour about Gaudi and Modernismo: Parque Guell, Casa Mila, and of course, you cannot miss the extraordinary Sagrada Familia (inside visit). All entrances are included with skip the lines tickets to avoid long lines. Compulsory audio system inside the monuments is included. Remainder of the day dedicated to Academic Studies.
Tuesday, December 31st, 2019
Day in Barcelona:dedicated to Academic Studies. Museums in Barcelona are numerous; you could go to the Picasso Museum or the Miro Foundation to learn more about these famous artists; or go to the National Museum of Catalan Art (MNAC) or visit Palau de La Musica.
Wednesday, January 1st, 2020
Day in Barcelona: dedicated to Academic Studies. If you are interested in sport, and especially “futbol” (soccer) you’ll want to go and see the impressive Camp Nou Stadium and its museum.
Thursday, January 2nd, 2020
Optional full day excursion to to go to Figueres where you will visit the Dali Theatre Museum. On the way back stop in Girona. Enjoy a walking tour in the medieval City. ($140.- supplement – minimum 10 participants).
Friday, January 3rd, 2020
Day in Barcelona: dedicated to Academic Studies. Possibility to take the train and spend a day in Tarragona, or visit some food market before attending a cooking class to learn about Catalan cuisine.
Saturday, January 4th, 2020
8:00 AM Departure from Hotel Ciutat Vella to leave to the airport for your return flight to JFK. Check-in at the American Airline terminal around 8:30 AM
Course registration for Barcelona opens in October 2019
● CAS 101N. Human Communication in Barcelona. 3 credits, GH, GS, N. Josh Phillips
● INART 1. Conflict and Peace in the Arts of Barcelona, 3 credits, GS. Paul Greene.
Hotel Ciutat Vella – 3-star property
Address: Carrer dels Tallers, 66, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Boutique hotel in Ramblas area of Barcelona, the Hotel Ciutat Vella offers modern rooms equipped with every comfort, free wi-fi and a solarium with tub hydromassage on the rooftop terrace. The convenient location, less than five minutes from the Plaza de Catalunya and Las Ramblas, allows you to visit on foot Barcelona and its main monuments, as well as shopping streets such as the nearby Passeig de Gracia. The Ciutat Vella is a historic district of Barcelona, one of the most appreciated by those who like a fun and carefree holiday, made of art, and venues.
* Round-trip transfer by coach between Brandywine campus and JFK * Round-trip flight between JFK and Barcelona with American Airlines * Six nights hotel accommodations at Hotel Ciutat Vella * Daily breakfast * Airport – Hotel – airport transfers in Barcelona * Orientation guided tour on arrival * Barcelona guided tour of Barcelona including Gaudi monuments Parque Güell, Casa Mila and Sagrada Familia * English speaking guide for city tours * Skip the lines entrance tickets to monuments * Headsets (mandatory) * All visits with entrance fees as per itinerary
Services Not Included
* Excess baggage fees at the airport * Single room supplement + $395 * Optional day excursion to Figueres and Girona – Price: $140 (minimum 10 participants) * Passport and visa fees * Optional travel insurance in case of trip cancellation or delays * Additional excursions or activities not mentioned in itinerary or reserved in advance * Transportation except where noted in the itinerary * Tips for drivers and guides * Upgrade to hotel accommodations and activities * Cost of personal items: phone, drinks, souvenirs, laundry, etc. * Any services not listed above as “included”
* From $1,995
* Single room supplement – $395
* Optional day excursion to Figueres and Girona – Price: $140 (minimum 10 participants)
December 28, 2019
7:10 AM + 1
January 4, 2020
Terms & Conditions
CelestialVoyagers Terms and Conditions relate to specific contracts with various suppliers. The policies and regulations below must be strictly enforced.
Penn State Brandywine Barcelona 2019
* From $1,995 1st deposit April 15, 2019 $100 (NON-REFUNDABLE) * 2nd payment July 15, 2019 $600 * 3rd payment Sept 14, 2019 $600 * Final Balance Nov 15, 2019 $695
All changes and cancellations must be provided in writing. The following penalties apply with the number of days prior to departure:
* $350 if cancellation is received between September 14 and October 15 * 50% of the total trip cost between October 16 and November 15 * 100% of the total trip cost after November 16 or in case of no-show * Name changes $250
Online: During your registration, you can submit your payment by e-check or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express). There is a 3% service fee for all online payments. To avoid this fee, you can mail a check or money order.
Phone: We accept credit card & e-check payments by phone. Credit card payments incur a 3% service fee but there is no service fee for e-checks.
Post Mail: You could also mail a paper check or a money order. Checks should be made payable to “Celestial Voyagers” and mailed to the address in the “Contact Us” section.
Passports and Visas
Everyone needs a passport valid until July 4, 2020. If you are not an American citizen, a visa may be required. A Green Card or equivalent is compulsory.
All academic arrangements are made with PSU Brandywine campus and confirm agreement to abide by Penn State University’s stipulated rules of conduct.
Gineth is a senior travel planner for CelestialVoyagers. With over ten years of experience in the travel industry, Gineth acquired her master’s degree in criminal justice from John Jay College while working for CelestialVoyagers. She loved her job at CelestialVoyagers so much that she continued working up the company’s ranks and currently focuses on strategic planning and project management.