Type Land & Air
Departure Date Saturday, March 2nd, 2019
Return Date Saturday, March 9th, 2019
Final Payment Date
Friday, January 4th, 2019
Open and Print PDF brochure
Departure from Penn State Harrisburg for Newark Liberty International Airport at 2:00 p.m. Check-in at Norwegian Airlines, terminal B should be no later than 8:30 p.m. Flight DY7196 leaves for Barcelona, Spain at 10:59 p.m.
Arrive at Barcelona El Prat Airport at 12:15 p.m. Assistance and transfer to your hotel combined with a guided orientation tour of Barcelona. The guide will show you the main landmarks of the city and explain how to use public transportation, buy subway tickets and exchange money.
After breakfast, a morning walking tour with your guide of the Barrio Gotico: the Roman Barcelona, the Cathedral, The Picasso Museum and the various places related to this famous artist such as El Quatre Gats and Calle d’Avignon. You will also visit the Gran Teatro del Liceu. Spend the evening at a classical music show at Palau de la Musica (tickets for the event are included). Lunch and dinner are on your own.
Following breakfast, a morning guided tour where you will learn about Gaudi and Catalan history and culture. Visit the famous Sagrada Familia and Casa Mila, also known as La Pedrera. You will understand how different Catalunya is from Spain and what triggered their desire for independence. You may spend the afternoon on your own; either on academic studies or visit the Miro Foundation. Located across the street is the Pueblo Espanol, which will give you an idea of the different regions of Spain.
After breakfast, a full day guided excursion to Girona and the Dali Museum in Figueres. In Girona, take a walking tour through the medieval city which flourished between the 9th and 15th centuries. Then proceed to Figueres where you will spend the afternoon at the Dali Theatre and Museum (entrance fee included) in the artist’s hometown. Lunch and dinner on your own.
Following breakfast, a full day excursion to Montserrat on your own or as a group. You will take the subway to the train station (round trip subway tickets provided). Visit the Basilica, a pilgrimage center for the Black Virgin of Montserrat, and enjoy the choir performance (around noon). Take a scenic hike in the surrounding mountains (train tickets are included). Lunch is on your own at the local cafeteria or go to the market and pack a picnic. In the evening, you can enjoy the Magic Fountain of Montjuic. Each show with music is free and lasts about fifteen minutes, starting at 8:00 p.m. Dinner is on your own.
After breakfast, take a morning guided tour of the Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya (MNAC) located in the Palau Nacional of Montjuic. There you will see collections of Medieval and Romanesque art. Lunch is on your own. In the afternoon, continue on to Camp Nou stadium where you will retrace the footsteps of Barcelona’s legendary players and experience the Barca passion on this audio tour – perfect for football fans! Camp Nou is the largest stadium in Europe. You can also visit the museum to learn all about the Fútbol Club (FC) Barcelona. Dinner is on your own. In the evening, attend a flamenco show where you will be invited to try your own skill at dancing flamenco.
Following breakfast, there is time to finalize your academic work before check out at 11a.m. You may leave your luggage in storage. Mid-afternoon transfer from the hotel to the Barcelona El Prat Airport. Check-in no later than 3:00 p.m. to Norwegian Airlines flight DY7195 departing at 6:20 p.m., arriving at Newark Liberty International Airport at 9:00 p.m. Upon arrival, meet your driver and coach to return to Penn State Harrisburg.
• Round-trip airfare from Newark, NJ to Barcelona, Spain
• Norwegian Airline ticket includes two (2) pieces of checked luggage (20 kilos per piece)
• Shuttle bus transportation between the Penn State Harrisburg campus and Newark Liberty International Airport
• Airport taxes and fuel surcharge – subject to increase before ticketing
• Six-night accommodation as per itinerary – double occupancy per itinerary
• Buffet breakfast daily
• All transfers and sightseeing with entrance fees as per itinerary
• Single room supplement $480
• Service fee of three percent on any amount paid by credit card
• Excess luggage
• Meals not included in the itinerary
• Additional excursions or activities not mentioned in the itinerary or reserved in advance
• Gratuities for guides and drivers while in Barcelona
• Personal expenses
• Passport fees – Passport should be valid until September 12, 2019
• Upgrade to hotel accommodations and activities
Visas are not required for United States citizens traveling to Spain. All international students are responsible for determining if a visa is required and should immediately apply for the visa. Please check the website at spain.info. Refunds cannot be made if a visa is not issued. Also, alert the International Programs office if you are applying for a visa.
All efforts have been made to choose a comfortable, moderately priced hotel in order to keep the price of the trip reasonable.
Hotel Ciutat Vella
Carrer dels Tallers, 66, 08001
Phone: +34 934 81 37 99
To register for course credit:
1) Meet with your academic adviser to discuss how this course will impact your educational progress. Have your adviser sign a drop/add form to add this class. Forms are available at registrar.psu.edu/registration/dropping_courses.cfm.
2) Contact the travel agency (contact information on back panel) to make a deposit or pay the total cost of the trip and obtain a receipt.
3) Take your signed drop/add form and travel agency receipt to the Office of the Registrar in the Swatara Building to complete enrollment in the course.
• Mandatory pre/post-trip meetings, group reading, journal, etc., during the spring 2019 semester.
• Students must be free of any current conduct reviews or conduct sanctions. Eligibility will be verified, and each participant grants permission for verification by the Office of Student Conduct. Any violation of the Penn State University Student Code of Conduct (studentaffairs.psu.edu/support-safety-conduct/student-conduct/code-conduct) while traveling will result in a class failure.
Award funds are available to undergraduate honors students through the Penn State Harrisburg Honors programs. The University also has funds for students traveling internationally. For details, visit gpglobalea.gp.psu.edu and select the “Scholarships and Grants” link. A limited number of travel awards are available through the Penn State Harrisburg Office of International Programs. The application deadline is October 19, 2018. Please visit harrisburg.psu.edu/ international-programs/grants-and-awards
Currently this information is not available
|Departure Day||Departure Date||From (airport/terminal)||Departure Time||Flight #||To (airport)||Arrival Time (local time)|
|Saturday||03/02/2019||Newark, NJ||10:59 PM||DY 7196||Barcelona, Spain||12:15 PM +1|
|Saturday||03/09/2019||Barcelona, Spain||6:20 PM||DY 7195||Newark, NJ||9:00 PM|
CelestialVoyagers Terms and Conditions relate to specific contracts with various suppliers.
The policies and regulations below must be strictly enforced.
Celestial Voyagers’ terms are based on contracts with airlines, hotels and other suppliers. The terms and stipulations mentioned are bound by these contracts and will be strictly enforced. A passport valid until September 12, 2019, is required.
Currently this information is not available