Saint Joseph’s Alumni Sicily 2020
Friday, May 29th, 2020
Saturday, June 6th, 2020
Brochure & Documents
Day 1 - Departure from the US
Departure from JFK for an overnight flight to Palermo via Rome, London, Paris, Frankfurt, etc…depending on airline. Air fare is not included. Ask Celestial Voyagers to look for the bes schedule and air fate after July 2019
Day 2 - Palermo
Arrival Palermo. Optional transfer to go to your hotel for those not traveling as a group out of JFK. Check-in for 2 nights in a hotel centrally located Welcome dinner at local restaurant to meet your traveling companions
Day 3 - Palermo
Full day guided tour to visit Palermo and Montreale.
Day 4 - Agrigento
Morning departure to go Selinunte, 80 miles / 2 hour drive: visit archeological site with guide. Continuation towards Agrigento, approximately 62 miles 1h ½ drive. Check-in for 1 nights in a nice countryside hotel near Agrigento. Enjoy the local Sicilian food prepared by your host for dinner.
Day 5 - Syracuse
Short drive to Agrigento. Guided tour of the archeological site Free time for lunch in Agrigento city center. Afternoon drive to Syracuse: 135 miles, 2 1/2h drive.Check-in at hotel in Syracuse for 2 nights.
Day 6 - Syracuse
Morning guided city tour to visit ll the landmarks of Syracuse: Ortigia, Il Duomo, Apollo Temple,the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysus, Latomia del paradiso, la Chiesa de San Giovanni etc…. Afternoon at leisure in Syracuse where nice shopping is available.
Day 7 - Taormina
Morning drive to Catania: 42 miles, 1 hour drive. Foodies walking city tour with guide. Visit Catania as you are tasting the local food on your way. Continuation to Taormina: 35 miles, 1 hour drive Afternoon walking tour including visit to the Greek Theatre. Check-in at hotel for 2 nights. Evening at leisure.
Day 8 - Taormina
Morning excursion to Mount Etna. Return to Taormina for to enjoy an afternoon at leisure. Farewell dinner at local restaurant
Day 9 - Return
Transfer to Catania airport, 42 miles, 1 hour drive to take your return flight to the US
$2375 – double occupancy
$530 – single occupancy
● 7 nights accommodation at 3 and 4 star hotels, double occupancy
● Breakfast daily & 3 dinners
● Guided tours as per itinerary, with entrance fees
● Deluxe motorcoach
● Air fare estimated around $1200 as of October 2018
● Airport trasnfers if you do not travel with the group
● Single supplement: + $530
● Gratuities to guides and drivers
- Online: During your registration, you can submit your payment by e-check or by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express). There is a 3% service fee for all online payments. To avoid this fee, you can mail a check or money order.
- Phone: We accept credit cards & e-check payments by phone. Credit card payments incur a 3% service fee, but there are no service fees for e-checks.
- Post Mail: Mail your paper check or money order. Checks should be made payable to “Celestial Voyagers” and mailed to the address below, in the ‘Contact Us’ section.
We advise all travelers to purchase travel insurance in case of any unforeseen circumstances and if you are no longer able to travel. We offer the following insurance policies through Allianz Travel Insurance: Basic, Classic, Deluxe, and Classic with cancel anytime. Prices vary with age and amount insured.